1/22: Top Ten Things Candidates Say When They Know They Are Down in the Polls
The top ten things candidates say when they know they are down in the polls are:
9) Polls go up, polls go down.
8) I’m running neck and neck among _________ (fill in demographic group).
7) That’s not what our polls show.
6) We always expected it to be close.
5) We’ve got a great ground game.
4) Once voters get to know me, the numbers will turn around.
3) We’re competing for every vote, and we expect it to be very close.
2) I don’t put much stock in the polls. It’s the voters who count.
1) I love that poll. It’s a fair poll, and I’m going to win, and it will be huge! (This is an alternate universe comment and does not need to fit the category)